1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 1 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Sep 5, 2022.

1. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

You guys give a shit about Al Michaels on a level I will never, ever understand.

exmediahack, Hermes and Webster like this.
  2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

And they all still watched.

3. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

I view most stuff recorded, so I can ignore most of the commentary, but when I do hear the commentators, the difference is vast.

Michaels more than anybody has a dry humor while being able to call a game. He doesn't get up or down, it's just the same.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2022
  4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Not just announcers - maybe it began with the Jane Pauley-Deborah Norville-Katie Couric fiasco, of course the Carson-Leno thing, then the Leno-Conan thing, I'm sure there are others.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

For those keeping score, Buffalo won 31-10 by outscoring the Super Bowl champs 21-0 after halftime.

Josh Allen accounted for all 4 touchdowns.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

COPENHAGEN!

8. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Don’t forget his arm fatigue, for which he saw limited time in preseason.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

And that’s why he was my first round pick in out fantasy draft. Had him last year too but got him in the 3rd round. Everyone said you don’t draft a QB in the first round. Wasn’t taking any chances this year. Though I did get Cupp in the 2nd round last year. He was gone this year with the 5th pick.

10. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

11. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

The Brady story is fascinating. What does it say to a wife when you retire at 45 to ostensibly spend more time with the family -- from a profession at which you have nothing less to prove, but have plenty to lose (including the ability to walk, breathe, etc.) -- and then unretire six weeks later.

And now he's back and his heart can't completely be in it -- unless he's already checked outta the marriage -- and is it for just one more season? More?

I cringe because I don't think this is going to end well for him in some huge capacity, be it his professional reputation or his personal relationships.

But still, the guy was arguably the MVP last year. His biggest mistake was probably just retiring in the first place.

BartonK likes this.
  12. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Great, won't be getting THAT outta my head now. Will be sharing with all Jets fans I know...

Batman likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted