1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 14: Still no dumb title

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by QYFW, Dec 5, 2016.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I don't think Heinz Field in Pittsburgh is particularly difficult to get in and out of, though the traffic is a pain at just about every stadium.

I didn't think Cleveland was bad, either, the one time I attended a game there.

To be fair, I wouldn't lump all city driving together. There is a very large difference between driving in Pittsburgh or Cleveland and driving in New York.

2. outofplace

I don't think the NFL is out to get the Steelers, but does Goodell have an issue with Harrison? That's a fair question.

3. outofplace

Keep telling yourself that, fanboy.

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Tell us what you believe to be concrete evidence.

5. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

He says it's been mentioned numerous times on this board and he's not going to go into it again. How about the cliff notes version? Give me just ONE quick hitter that's irrefutable. I bet you can't.

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I have no doubt that they deflated the balls but the proof to warrant a suspension is not there.

We are about to get OOP's schoolyard tactic of "if you don't know the answer I'm not giving it to you". It's what he does when he's cornered.

7. bstnmarthn354

bstnmarthn354 New Member

About 20 years ago I flew into Boston and hailed a cab. We get no more than half a mile outside the airport and traffic comes to a complete stop on a road that's under construction. The cabbie sits there patiently for 30 seconds, then yanks the steering wheel to the left, maneuvers through the cones and starts driving on the sidewalk. My eyes must have been as big as frisbees. Thankfully he went only 100 yards or so, to a point where he could make a turn to get out of the backup. Took me the rest of the afternoon to get my heart rate back to normal.

Michael_ Gee likes this.
  8. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

9. outofplace

It has. I'm more than happy to discuss the current situation, but I'm not wasting my time looking up evidence that has been posted on this board many, many times which I know the fanboys won't accept anyway.

10. outofplace

I have given the answer, as have others, many times. The fanboys won't accept it. The actual ruling and punishment are on my side.

Gator, go back and find all of the evidence that has been presented on this board and refute it. You want to bring up the old dispute that your side lost? Great. Dig up the evidence and prove why it was wrong. I bet you can't. Show me.

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

So predictable.

12. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

I'm not asking for another Wells Report. Because you're so certain, I'm asking for you to give me ONE piece of irrefutable evidence that proves the guilt. Just one. I'm not saying there wasn't anything fishy going on, because I do think staffers lowered the balls to the league minimum and science took care of the rest. Much like what the Steelers are currently dealing with. But the two-year witch hunt that ended with a four-game suspension without a shred of concrete evidence is, was always will be bullshit. And if the league decides it's through with investigating every claim of underinflated balls, that too is bullshit. They set this precedent, nobody else.

Fanboys aren't just turning a blind eye. Not by a long shot. No fan base was closer to this situation than Patriots fans, many of whom actually took the time to read the Wells Report and find its shortcomings. Brady got suspended because he challenged the NFL and Goodell the Czar used Article 46 to put an end to that.

justgladtobehere likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted