1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 14: Still no dumb title

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by QYFW, Dec 5, 2016.

1. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

2. cisforkoke

I think he could come back for the playoffs, although the team might have to monitor his New Year's Eve celebration techniques.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

4. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

But Randy Moss faux-mooning the Lambeau crowd was distasteful or something. Buck tries too hard to seem like a down to earth guy you'd like to hang with. I think he gets a bad wrap, but I can also see why a lot of people think he's a douche.

Why is that a surprise? He was the starter when the season began.

5. LongTimeListener

Because he has spent the rest of the season on injured reserve and he sucked even before that. Even in the half or whatever it was that he played, it was pretty clear there was no hope.

But, I guess they're going to lose anyway, so might as well let him play and close the book so you don't have to think about him in 2017.

6. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

That's a catch and fumble. He made a football move.

7. Saw this on Twitter... I seem to recall a few great arguments with Qbs revolving around wins.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Smith is like the perfect quarterback for the team and coach he's with now. He exemplifies all of Reid's strengths and weaknesses in his play.

9. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Like David Price, until we see otherwise, KC doesn't deserve our postseason trust. If I were a KC fan, I wouldn't feel confident. The margin for error is too small and Smith can't throw them back into games if they're down. People keep citing last year's Broncos as showing a team could win with a great defense and mediocre QB play, but let's be honest, they were one fumble away -- by the Steelers' third string running back, Francois Touissant -- from losing to Pittsburgh in the divisional round.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
  10. cisforkoke

Croissant?

11. LongTimeListener

He doesn't get enough credit for what he is, a mistake avoider. And he can turn it on when he needs to (playoff game vs. Saints, couple weeks ago vs. Broncos). I don't know when it was that he got "never throw deep" beaten into him, but on the rare occasions he removes that he is easily in the upper echelon of QBs.

But, yeah, probably not gonna happen with this coach.

12. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Hey, they're in Missouri -- they've gotta show me before I believe in them.

Draft saved Draft deleted