1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 15: The Cowboys are in prime time again

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Dec 13, 2016.

1. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

No one cares, Plop.

2. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

If nothing else my annual forays into win/loss totals makes the season more interesting. Very profitable last two seasons. I'm trying to scratch to break even this year.

The benefit for next year is with the Lions overperforming in 2016, they'll be overvalued im 2017.

Damn Bungles. Just needed 10 points in the second half.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You are welcome to add something useful to the thread, Fart.

4. outofplace

They only need seven at this point. They will get one more shot. Pittsburgh has been good running out the clock in these situations of late, but they aren't running the ball the way they did in those games.

I'm waiting for Fouts to realize Matthews returned to the game a long time ago. He was talking about the Steelers going with a two-man front due to the injuries, but that is their usual on formation on long passing downs.

5. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

You've identified the problem.

6. outofplace

Great throw and catch from Roethlisberger to Green, but it could be a very costly one. Ladarius Green was slow getting up after the big hit and the Steelers cannot afford to be without him t he rest of this game or next week against the Ravens. It looked like he will be in the concussion protocol.

Yup. Green just went to the locker room. The Steelers are going to need him next week against the Ravens. Baltimore's defense is too good for them to just lean on Bell.

Very surprised the Steelers threw that ball, but the Bengals bailed them out with a pass interference penalty.

Damn Eagles. I haven't seen the play, but they went for two rather than tie the game after a touchdown run by Wentz with four seconds left. The Ravens keep finding a way. I get going for the win, but that doesn't seem like a good decision against Baltimore's defense. It was a mistake that kept the Ravens alive. If they had lost that game, they would have needed not only a win next week in Pittsburgh, but also a loss by the Steelers Week 17 against the Browns.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
  7. exmediahack

I would have been fine if Pittsburgh was up 27-3 at the half. But this would be a stomach lunch given the Bungles were up 14.

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Hahaha Texans, Osweiler is losing his job to Tom Savage.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Packers face third and 11 at their 26 in final minute. Since it's against the Bears, of course what follows is a 60-yard pass to set up the tiebreaking field goal at the gun.

10. exmediahack

The Red Rifle killed me. Onto Baltimore and let's win there.

11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

So I haven't looked at scores yet because wife and I were out to breakfast, but based on OOP's "on topic" posts, the Steelers got killed today, right?

JC and LongTimeListener like this.
  12. outofplace

Dalton really does have a talent for coming up small at the worst times. He was terrible in the second half, though the interception was also a bit of bad luck and a bad play by his offensive lineman.

Draft saved Draft deleted