1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 16: So we were talking about rules

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by QYFW, Dec 18, 2017.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Three of Jacksonville's five losses this season have been to teams with losing records (Jets, Cardinals and 49ers).

Also, the Jags-49ers game was the first one in NFL history to end with a 44-33 score.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Basically, only the Redskins and Lions (who, oddly played each other in the 1991 NFC championship game and haven't been back since) have longer streaks. Those three and Minnesota are also the only NFC teams that haven't been to a Super Bowl this century.

3. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Exactly. Now you understand why I’m so excited about Jimmy G?

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The rest of the NFC have signed a petition demanding that Jerry Jones be the GM for life

5. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

The Dallas collapse today was epic, including the kicker becoming very Blair Walsh-like.
    It's all over, Danny Bailey.

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Combining this with the earlier note on the NFC championship game drought for the Cowboys, either the Cowboys, Rams, Redskins or 49ers played in every NFC championship game from 1970 to 1995.
    In the 21 seasons since then, they've combined for six total appearances.

Michael_ Gee and QYFW like this.
  8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I understand nobody wants to live in perpetual mediocrity, but the Lions shouldn't take three playoff appearances in seven years for granted. I can see a swift return to the bottom of the conference if they end up hiring generic young OC.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Hold on, wait. Are you saying they should keep Jim Caldwell?

10. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I think they should.

LongTimeListener likes this.
  11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I agree, I think.

12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

The Niners have been awful for the last couple of seasons. It might be Garoppolo or it might be Shanahan's system finally clicking but regardless the team outs finally exciting. I suspect the fact Garoppolo doesn't soil himself when he goes out there has sparked hope in the team and everyone is playing better. So because there isn't something tangible, I'll go with Jimmy G being the savior. We'll see what happens in the off-season to put weapons around him.

Draft saved Draft deleted