1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 16: So we were talking about rules

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by QYFW, Dec 18, 2017.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

687FE5CE-C479-4A84-9C74-DB94CE3403D8.jpeg

Spartan Squad likes this.
  2. Good luck and get in line.
    Cousins will be in HIGH demand. Probably be the highest paid QB in the league When he signs.
    I hope the Steelers go after him.

And I think McAdoo was actually smart to sit Manning to see how his others QBs play. Instead he had to ride out how many meaningless games with a fading Manning under center - who may or may not be there next year - and he has NO idea who well the others play or if the Giants need to sign/draft another QB.

3. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

They went to Geno Smith, though. I'm not against benching the veteran to give a younger player a chance to play, warts and all, but it's not like they were going to play Davis Webb. They went to Smith, last seen getting cut from the Jets, and it's not like the Giants front office had shown some savant-like ability to know that Smith had some untapped potential. (And, surprise, he didn't light the world on fire in his one game.)

4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

The Steelers aren't signing Kirk Cousins. Will never happen.

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

You didn’t know how Geno Smith plays?

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Agreed. There is a decent chance that Roethlisberger won't retire. Even if he does, I don't see the Steelers getting in the mix for Cousins. Perhaps they go after somebody like Smith or Keenum, but not Cousins.

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I like 'em.

8. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

If I ever need someone to tell me the sun rises in the east, then by God, Peter King is that guy.

9. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

He would never say that. He would say that he thinks he thinks it rises in the east.

10. Tomlin LOVES Cousins. Loves him.
    That's how he discovered Bell, went to MSU to scout Cousins.

Ben may not retire this year. 50/50 ... But he's done a lot sooner rather than later and Cousins can platy. He's a known commodity and the clock is ticking on the Steelers hanging onto Brown, Bell, Bryant/Shuster and that OL AND having a QB who can deliver. Cousins fits the bill.

Songbird likes this.
  11. Ok. ... I was referring to the other guy ... Webb.

12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Evil, I don't know if you follow the Steelers but they don't hand out huge money to free agents. There is zero chance they pay $25 million-plus/year on a multiyear deal. Tomlin can love Cousins all he wants. He doesn't write the checks.

Draft saved Draft deleted