1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 16: So we were talking about rules

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by QYFW, Dec 18, 2017.

1. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

My dad is a huge Packer fan, so my first game was the last Green Bay game at County Stadium in Milwaukee. I think it locked up a playoff berth for Green Bay and Sterling Sharpe suffered a career-ending injury.

2. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Saw a Packers-Bills game at County Stadium in 1991. Sat in front of Don Beebe's parents.

3. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

Never seen a fight at Gillette ever, but to be fair I only sit in those aforementioned high-falutin seats.

I will confirm the environment is much different for a 1 pm than a night game. Took my dad last year to the Rams game and I was amazed at how much shorter the beer lines were, how many more families there were and how quiet it was. I would take my kids to a 1 pm game but probably not til they're old enough to appreciate it because I'm not dropping $250 a ticket on a kid who's 10 who cares more about popcorn and pro shop stuff than the experience of the game.

4. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

I was at that Rams game too. Decent family atmosphere- it’s why I decided to finally bring my kid this year.

5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

And people think I'm unnecessarily frustrated this season.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

The most fightinest' venue I've ever seen were White Sox half-price Mondays in the mid-aughts. We would sit in the press box and just wait until the seventh or eighth inning when invariably a brawl would break out in the far reaches of the upper deck. You would see people tumbling down the stairs, etc. It was terrific fun from a distance.

I Should Coco and Rhody31 like this.
  7. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Raiders had two TDs called back last night.

8. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Here's another good one:

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

In the bizarro world we're in politically and in football, this HAS to happen.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

My first game was as a film runner, Bengals at Raiders, '90 playoffs, the day Bo's career ended.

QYFW likes this.
  11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

My first game was a Jets game at Shea Stadium in the late 70s. I don't remember who they played or who won.

Second game was Jets vs. Lions in '79. Kevin Long scored three times and Wesley Walker had a big game in a Jets blowout. I couldn't totally enjoy it, though, because I was told I was having an operation the next day to put tubes in my ears.

Detroit Lions at New York Jets - September 16th, 1979 | Pro-Football-Reference.com

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I would love to see any photos of my on the Raiders sideline waiting for the photog to give me film. I'm probably in the background of some shot or another. I would love to see that.

Draft saved Draft deleted