1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL week 16 - Steelers only

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Dec 18, 2016.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The broadcast crew was okay and I have no idea how they missed that facemask. Weddle grabbed it and twisted. Brown's stretch made it a moot point.

2. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

I know but, dang, that was a bad miss. Weddle really yanked it.

3. outofplace

Oh, no doubt. He grabbed it and held on the entire time as Brown straightened up and reached the ball over the goal line. It is tough to stay angry about it given the result, but given some of what was called in the game, that was quite shitty.

4. outofplace

Joe Starkey: Terry Bradshaw couldn't be more wrong about Steelers coach Mike Tomlin

Terry Bradshaw has taken a good bit of heat for his criticism of Mike Tomlin last week, but Joe Starkey took it a bit farther.

He does make a great point in bringing up Bradshaw's issues with Chuck Noll. Some of Bradshaw's comments in the "A Football Life" about Noll were ridiculous. He even said he wished Noll had traded him away. They won four Super Bowls together and both went to the Hall of Fame, but Bradshaw actually wishes none of it happened?

5. Bradshaw is a moron.
    It's obvious he has issues.
    A lot of his issues with Pittsburgh are largely unfounded and of his own making.

His issues with Noll are nuts. Most of the shit wher he claims Noll was especially tough on him is disputed by his teammates. Ham and Swann even went so far as to say Noll was easier on TB than anyone else.

He had issues with Roethlisbreger. Now he has issues with Tomlin. Fuck TB he can get bent.

6. outofplace

To be fair, Bradshaw and Swann have issues, too, and I don't think that is all on Bradshaw. I don't remember hearing any other teammates dispute what Bradshaw has said about Noll being tough on him. I'm sure some of it was true and a lot was Bradshaw being childish. Bradshaw apparently wanted to be coddled and Noll wasn't the kind of coach who was going to coddle anybody.

One of the best parts of the "A Football Life" about Noll was the commentary from his son. At some point, there is a quote from Bradshaw saying he wished Noll had hugged him. Then you have Noll's son saying that the hugs were few and far between at home, too. He had this amused tone and you could tell he was resisting the urge to say something unpleasant about Bradshaw.

7. outofplace

8. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

He should have just said Bradshaw was trolling.

9. outofplace

Draft saved Draft deleted