1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 2 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Sep 10, 2024.

1. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

My favorite Tomczak moment was in his one year with the Browns, 1992, I think. He was being interviewed by a guy who I think still covers the team. Giving all kinds of crazy answers to regular questions. The guy ran with it all and printed a story about the "eccentric" Tomczak, or something like that (memory fails). Turns out, though, it wasn't Tomczak he was interviewing at all, but Frank Stams. You'd think the scribe might have picked up on that; Tomczak was 6-0, 200-ish, while Stams, a defensive end, was 6-2, 250 or more.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Chef and BYH settling their differences once and for all, with Chef's gambling specialty:

Chef2 likes this.
  3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Of course no one noticed it watching it live, but it really was a hell of a play. Good work by the other official being on the spot at the pylon as well, in case something happened at the goal line.

4. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

As a Steelers fan back then, I was very high on Miller. I can’t remember why…and this video doesn’t help.

But watching the “start me up” commercial for Microsoft brought back memories.

5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Sideline official had a 30-yard head start but yes, good job being there. Did not like the mechanics of the back judge (in the middle). Thought it was the 100-meter final instead of officiating the play.

That said ... I've been burned many a times on these long plays, especially this season so far, and it sucks.

Batman likes this.
  6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The crazy part is Tomczak returned to the game.

Batman likes this.
  7. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

So which teams are going to be fighting for the top 3-4 QBs in the 2025 draft? (Updated Week 2)

100% no doubt
    N.Y. Giants
    Tennessee

Circle back after Week 9
    Pittsburgh
    Las Vegas

Stuck with this contract unless someone saves them
    Cleveland

Current franchise QB might die behind awful team
    Carolina

Retirement could force their hand
    Los Angeles Rams
    N.Y. Jets

Feels like the Titans and Giants will be battling to get that top QB.

Las Vegas downgraded because Gardner Minshew, while not top-tier, might be good enough and give you some flexibility to build aroumd.

We have to acknowledge that Bryce Young might perish on the field right? He's going 1 vs. 11 each week.

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

These Bears uniforms are ass.

9. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Baker Bakered to 4,000 yards, 28 TDs, a divsion title and a playoff win last year.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  10. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

He’s also throwing INTs like the former No. 18 did. Two of them on two straight drives.

11. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

They need to call more passes to Swift behind the line of scrimmage.

Collinsworth: I really think the Bears are missing Keenan Allen.

No, Cris, they're missing two guards and a center.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Use 'em on Halloween.

Draft saved Draft deleted