1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 4 running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chi City 81, Oct 1, 2006.

1. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

No ... it will probably be "Chicago Bears"

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Luckily, I TiVo'd it and am watching it now in HD. Good times.

3. pallister

pallister Guest

Did they switch you to working Sundays for the whole season?

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

No, I either get Saturday or Sunday off every week. Just worked out that I've worked four straight Sundays. I get next Sunday off.

5. pallister

pallister Guest

Whoa! Maybe you should just keep working Sundays. Don't wanna jinx things.

6. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Hockeybeat,

Gotta agree about the Todd Bertuzzi hit being more severe. I saw the Haynesworth thing and was outraged but I saw the Bertuzzi thing too and that really sickened me. He should have been sentenced more severely.

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

No thanks. I'd kinda like to be able to drink during one of these Bears games.

8. LiveStrong

LiveStrong Active Member

No one, since Belichick is such an idiot.

9. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I just saw the video of the Haynesworth stomp, and in no way does it even come close to what Todd Bertuzzi did. Two compare the two acts was and is absurd.

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

What's funny about the Bears is that even after tonight's game, some people might not be convinced. They might have to see Grossman go 16 games without injury to think they have a chance to win the NFC. I won't wait that long to come to that conclusion. I liked them before the season, and I like them so much more now. Chicago looks damn good.

And then there are the Dolphins. Wow.

11. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Chicago has torn up two bad defenses, an average defense and an above-average one. The Bears don't score 37 points without the turnovers. Big deal, they won a game in Week 4.

Everyone was blowing their wad over the Jacksonville defense two weeks ago. How did they look today?

12. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

And they've allowed less than eight points per game. But, of course, you wouldn't be you unless you were contrarian.

Draft saved Draft deleted