1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 4 running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chi City 81, Oct 1, 2006.

1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Whatever. You can't prove me wrong, boy. Next.

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

What a punk move by Haynesworth. Starman justice needed there.

Whatever the Packers' Charles Martin got when he had his hit list and body-slammed Jim McMahon in '86 (I think it was four games), Haynesworth should get plus one more game for doing it twice.

3. Herbert Anchovy

The Vikings' new purple pantaloons really suck, by the way.

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I don't need to prove anything. The entire country saw it with their own eyes tonight.

5. Herbert Anchovy

I'm not saying anything bad about them. I think they're very good. I just think a way bigger deal of this is being made because it is not a traditional Bears offense, and thereby so ... alien.

Jackson doesn't drop a touchdown pass and Hass makes better decisions and it's not that lopsided. And if the queen had balls she'd be king, yes, but the point stands.

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Fair enough.

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Sounds like the Super Bowl thread. Sometimes, that's just what Hasselbeck and Jackson do.

8. Herbert Anchovy

Steelers made three plays that whole game. Bears made about 20 tonight.

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Sometimes, three plays is enough. Obviously, 20 would almost always be enough.

10. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Three plays is enough when the referees make six more for you.

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Yeah. And when Jerramy Stevens drops a touchdown, Darrell Jackson misses another because he didn't care to get two feet inbounds on what should have been another one, etc. Bottom line, the Seahawks had every opportunity to win that game but didn't because they made too many mistakes. (You can't blame referees for turnovers and missed tackles.)

And that's why I like the Bears right now. They don't miss tackles, and the offense is making plays. Seahawks just don't look anything close to how they played last season, Giants game aside.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Give up on Angola, Oz. Some people like him and Mike Holmgren won't ever stop whining about the officiating in that game.

And yet, amazingly enough, the NFL has allowed the Steelers to keep that 5th Lombardi Trophy. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted