1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 6 -- This Seat is for Sale(h)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Oct 8, 2024.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

So much for the Steelers' 3-0 start. They could lose to the Raiders on Sunday. The offensive line is a disaster. They have one wide receiver worth a damn. Now they are down their top three outside linebackers opposite Watt, so the secondary will be exposed without the pass rush again. That team is broken. Literally.

2. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

For all that, they were one bounce of a late-game fumble away from stealing a win over the Cowboys (not that this fantasy defense owner is bitter or anything).

Unfortunately for the Steelers, Prescott jumped on the fumble. And Baltimore appears to be hitting its stride.

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

This week will be interesting. There is nothing the NFL would love more than to see the Washington Football Team return to glory. Particularly in an election year. And particularly at the expense of Baltimore.

4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Now that Snyder is toast, I'm kind of jealous of them because we're watching the clock with Jerry and I'm not convinced Stephen will be any better.

5. da man

da man Well-Known Member

From what I gather Saleh lost the team. It seems likely A-A-Ron had a whole lot to do with that.

6. da man

da man Well-Known Member

The trade association I used to work for did that with fired employees.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

By all accounts it was Woody's call. Remember, this is a guy the family never let near the family business. I will enjoy someone asking Rodgers how Saleh being gone will help him play better.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  8. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

During a layoff at my original paper (pre-cellphones), we had a woman who required a wheelchair. She usually left work after midnight and one time was hit by a drunken driver, suffering the paralysis that put her in the wheelchair. When she was laid off, security wheeled her out to the parking lot and didn't even allow her to call her son for a ride home. Some of the staffers came to her aid, getting in the face of the administrator, shouting at him to let her at least use the phone.

9. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

10. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Saleh's style requires the players to police themselves but, like most teams, they take their cues from their best player/biggest nane, and Rodgers does whatever the fuck he wants and is Teflon-coated.

This team needs a firmer hand than Saleh is currently comfortable providing. but that's damn near impossible with a guy like Rodgers anyway. You coach hard, you lose him and thus lose the team. You cede to the star and if it doesn't go well, you still lose him and thus lose the team. It's the embodiment of Coughlin's, "When we win, you guys win. When we lose, I lose."

All of this is, of course, exacerbated by an owner who will kowtow to his star and is used to going through coaches like Shake n' Bake bags.

Deskgrunt50 and wicked like this.
  11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Eh, could have been worse.

[​IMG]

12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Poor boy, he's not to blame!

Rodgers resents talk he had hand in Saleh's exit

You lied about being vaccinated while every one of your teammates exposed themselves to you, yet we should believe you now?

Draft saved Draft deleted