1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 6 Thread: Arizona is where HOF RBs go to die

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Batman, Oct 10, 2017.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

The Chiefs have called two timeouts between 2:15 and 2:00. I guess they'd rather save themselves 15 and 8 seconds of clock time than the 40 seconds they'd save by keeping those timeouts until after the 2-minute warning.

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

No chance. With that offence I go every time there.

3. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Adrian Peterson

As a Saint: 27 for 81, 0 TD
    As a Cardinal: 26 for 134, 2 TDs

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

The Raiders. WTF?

Vombatus likes this.
  5. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

FTFY

Vombatus and HanSenSE like this.
  6. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I would have simply preferred Smith doesn't overthrow the same receiver twice.

Chiefs really had no business being in that game. A loss can be good in that this team needs to refocus anyway.

7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I thought it would take him another week to get comfortable, but I can't say I'm surprised that he fits into this offense. And man, Larry Fitzgerald must be drinking whatever it was Anquan Boldin drank for the last six years of his career.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The Chiefs had no business being close, but the Steelers certainly got their share of luck in the fourth quarter. Brown made a hell of a play on that touchdown, but it still should have been an interception. And Smith missed wide open receivers twice, though to be fair, he had pressure in his face both times.

I'll certainly take it for the Steelers, but the passing game is still an issue and Gilbert is injured again.

9. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

You're talking about an offense that managed, what, 6 yards in the first half? You need a touchdown and a field goal to go ahead; take one at a time. That's definitely a bone-headed decision.

10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

And they're 4thand 2 inside the 5. That offence has been great all year, I don't tend to judge in small samples.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Agreed. You can't just go with what your offense has been all season. You have to look at what is happening in that game. Hell, it took a big, lucky break to even get that drive started. Mitchell came clean on the blitz and should have sacked Smith, but not only missed to allow the big completion, but also took a personal foul. One fluky play didn't mean the Chiefs had suddenly figured out a defense that played them very well today.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Totes, and the whole win just doesn't mean as much because it should've been picked instead of turned into one of the cooler TDs of the season.

Draft saved Draft deleted