1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 6 Thread: Arizona is where HOF RBs go to die

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Batman, Oct 10, 2017.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

He’s going to take a vacation. Al gets a bye week

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Jesus. Dick Stockton still has a job. Jesus.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

OMG that's incredible.

4. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Those near-victories get the Bears an automatic upgrade to "almost mediocre." Go crazy, folks.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I forget why, but I didn't get to watch that game, so I'm not sure I ever saw that hit on Tomczak. If I remember correctly, that was the game they lost Rod Woodson to a torn ACL thanks to Barry Sanders and the brutal AstroTurf in Three Rivers Stadium. Woodson became the first NFL player to return from an ACL tear during the same season when he played in the Super Bowl XXX loss to the Cowboys. I may have to watch the rest of the video later.

6. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Two teams with less than 2 losses; 3 teams with fewer than 2 wins.

This season could be pretty interesting down the stretch with all the teams that could be jockeying for playoff spots.

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I bet he had used that line a few times in conversation leading up to the game, got some laughs, then decided to roll it out on national TV. I love Al but he knows better.

8. Sunday saw two of the biggest upsets of the year: Both Denver and Atlanta, double digit favorites to win, lost.

And the soap opera in Pittsburgh continues as WR Martavis Bryant has requested a trade.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

The 49ers are the first team in NFL history to lose five games in a row by three or fewer points.

10. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I was like "BAM!"

And then I was like "MORRIS!"

Batman likes this.
  11. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

He's got some balls. Freaking doofus gets suspended for an entire year because he can't stop smoking pot and asks for a trade from a first-place team. I get that it's his contract year, but maybe prove that you can stay unsuspended for an entire year before ya go making trade demands.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

That was indeed the same game. Week 1 of the 1995 season.
    Neil O'Donnell broke his finger that game as well. How in the hell the Steelers overcame two major injuries (other than it being Week 1 and having time to regroup) and still make the Super Bowl is beyond amazing.

Maybe it was because that was one of the first seasons I truly dove into following the NFL, or I was a Lions fan at the time, but that hit has always stuck with me as one of the most devastating hits I've ever seen. Perfectly clean and legal, and a perfect form tackle by Scroggins. Tomczak just never saw it coming. The way his body turns to jello as the shockwave ripples through him is awesome.

Draft saved Draft deleted