1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 6 Thread: Arizona is where HOF RBs go to die

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Batman, Oct 10, 2017.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It really one of the best clean hits I've seen. The sad part is that hit would probably draw a flag today, just because you see officials throwing flags for anything that looks too violent even if it is technically legal.

That really was an amazing job by Bill Cowher and his staff, adapting to all the changes as the season went on. Woodson was a huge part of that defense. They ended up moving Carnell Lake from strong safety to cornerback to cover for the loss of Woodson and it worked.

They also overhauled the offense on the fly. They had been a power running team focused on handing the ball to Barry Foster in Cowher's previous seasons, but they didn't have a back who was good enough to play that style in 1995, so they switched to more spread formations. O'Donnell wasn't great, but he had fantastic pass protection and a deep group of receivers, so it worked well enough to reach the Super Bowl.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
    Batman likes this.
  2. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I swear I read that as "Blair Witch syndrome."

Spooky.

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Teddy Bridgewater cleared to begin practice.
    Vikings have 21 days to activate him or put him on IR.
    There's no way in the world they play him this year do they?

4. I he can play, why not?
    Vikings are are in nice position to win the division. Case Keenum ain't going to be the guy to deliver it and Bradford has a serious yet undisclosed knee injury.
    Doubt they are calling Kaepernick.

Bridgewater has been out what a year and a half? Wow.

sgreenwell likes this.
  5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

If Bridgewater is healed and ready, you may as well play him. The Vikings need to have some certainty at the position.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I don't see a reason why they wouldn't play him if he is healthy.

7. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

This is a repeat, but I distinctly remember Dick calling the lefty QB out of U-Dub "Scott" Brunell for an entire quarter of a Washington-Chicago season opener when I was in college. In 2005.

poindexter likes this.
  8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I would be fascinated to find out what goes into the decision making process for a network executive to give Dick Stockton even one game in 2017. He is garbage. Those jobs are golden. What could any executive possibly see in him?

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The executive probably remembers listening to Dick as a kid.

Draft saved Draft deleted