1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 6 Thread: Arizona is where HOF RBs go to die

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Batman, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Hubbard and Finney are a dramatic drop off. I hope all three play.
    My worry is Tomlin and Haley will over-adjust the game plan in reaction to criticism they didn't run the ball enough last week. So this week, they'll run 35-45 times, even if they fail to make any headway.

Chiefs have a tough schedule the next 4 games: Steelers, at Raiders, Denver and at Dallas.

2. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Unless Dallas figures out how to stop the run PDQ, KC will trample the Cowboys.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Haley is too much in love with bubble screens and other pass routes shorter than 10 yards to run that much unless Bell is having a monster day. I don't think Tomlin is going anywhere, but if the offense continues to struggle, this probably should be the end of Haley.

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I'm looking at the TV ratings from the past week. NFL has the 1, 2,5, 6,and 7 rated shows in primetime last week. All the angry facebookers who gave up the NFL are really making a difference.
    The do or die MLB wild card game between the Yankees and Twins, where everybody stood up for the Star Spangled banner, finished 28th. They only went to 43, so I couldn't find the NL wild card.

5. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

One of the big Wall Street firms (CreditSuisse, maybe) lowered future guidance on Twenty-First Century Fox earnings because of low ratings with the NFL. At least, that's what they're pointing to.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Wasn't it also because of the USMNT not making the World Cup? Because the stock took a real dip on Wednesday.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

8. LongTimeListener

9. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

10. Now that you mention that, they don't near as many bubble screens as they used to. And several of the screens plays they tried to set up so Bell or The TEs were read and blown up.

11. LongTimeListener

That isn't the case here though. A person who has Amazon Prime but not a cable/broadcast package -- which is the way things are going in the younger set -- could watch this on TV. (I think.)

It's definitely an experimental niche. After its first game on September 28th, Amazon said that the average worldwide audience watching Thursday Night Football on Prime for at least thirty seconds was 372,000. In the second game Amazon aired, the average audience grew to 391,000.

By comparison, CBS and NFL Network’s television coverage of the two games averaged about 15 million viewers, according to figures from CBS.

But it has some promise and is closer to the future of entertainment than the old broadcast model is.

12. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Yep. I hadn't heard of the Amazon connection, but I'm watching it on my living room tv via my Roku.

Draft saved Draft deleted