1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 6 Thread: Arizona is where HOF RBs go to die

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Batman, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

How do you misspell "the"?

HanSenSE likes this.
  2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

49ers announce release of veteran LB Bowman

Kyle Shanahan has inherited Pops' way with the truth. Monday he was asked why Bowman spent so much time on the bench Sunday. “This is not about phasing anyone out. We think keeping him fresher will help our team.”

Four-time first-team All-Pro, including once after his whole knee was torn apart on that fumble recovery in Seattle in the 2013/14 NFC championship game. For my money there were a couple of years he was better than Patrick Willis.

I don't know if he'll try to hook on with another team. But he's cooked.

3. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

"My grudge against the NFL is greater than my need to be protected from North Korea."

Spartan Squad likes this.
  4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

You mean the NFL may end up netting a tad less than $14 billion this year?! ZOMG!

5. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

These dumb fucks don't understand SNF has fallen from no. 1 to no. 1.

poindexter likes this.
  6. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

My favorite part of MMQB is when PK has licked his pointer finger and held it to the wind enough to know that it's safe to do an NFL flag story in which the writer takes on the establishment in the most milquetoast of milquetoasty ways possible.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The secret to the NFL's wealth isn't that every game gets great ratings, although many do, it's that the ratings are dependable. The broadcasters know they can plug in a game and get a number they can predict with one hell of a lot more confidence than any other form of programming they have on tap. The league is really the last of the old-fashioned network TV hit shows. In a business full of very expensive bad bets, it's a percentage play.

sgreenwell likes this.
  8. Michael_ Gee

I would like to add that his wife's secret twitter presence is the first remotely interesting thing about Roger Goodell I've ever learned.

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

No, you can plug in the Gary Burghoff Good Time Smilin' Variety Hour and you know you can get consistently bad ratings.

The NFL's wealth is keyed to fucking GREAT ratings.
    [​IMG]

10. da man

da man Well-Known Member

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets!

11. Michael_ Gee

Early in the second quarter, it's Jets 14-Patriots 0. On merit, too.

12. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted