1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 7 -- I Goff at your Darnold

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Oct 16, 2024.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The Pats-Jags game was not technically a blowout, since it was 25-16 at the two-minute warning, but no one who'd seen more than one football game expected the Pats to come back and win it. BTW, I quite enjoyed Joe Thomas as the color guy. Talked about nothing but line play, a refreshing change from QB-centric commentary.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Every season. Every. Damn. Season.

The count of NFL teams that are actually good in a given season is less than 10.

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Today, Brock Purdy looks like he was chosen with the final pick in the NFL Draft.

HanSenSE likes this.
  4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Hmm, maybe I didn't see him. They needed to use the telastrater I guess.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Oh, definitely. What I meant to convey is that this season there seem to be an unusual number of teams who look completely hopeless. I know they probably will, but I would be hard pressed to explain HOW the Patriots will win another game. Same for the Giants, Panthers, and Browns. The race for the number one pick could be a doozy.

6. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Yes, unfortunately.

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Wow re the Evil Irsays.
    I checked. League on pace for 60 games decided by 20 or more points. Last year: 51.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    "As God is my witness...I thought Gardner Minshew might be a legit starting quarterback in the NFL."

9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I think the Irsays are the first team since at least 1970 to have all of their first 7 games decided by 6 or fewer points. As you might expect, they’re 4-3.

10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

What has McVay done to change your mind?

I don’t get the poor coaching angle, the game and how it’s called has changed.

11. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Brady knows he’s done soon on FOX. He can be loose. He’ll go to the Raiders and FOX will save $30m a year. Everyone wins.

Liut likes this.
  12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Said it before.
    As bad as a lot of their sports programming is, whoever picks out their music gets it.

Liut likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted