1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 7 -- I Goff at your Darnold

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Oct 16, 2024.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I’m a Jets fan and there was real hope this season. Obviously, the QB play hasn’t been there. But the real problem is that the line, especially the OTs have been average, the kicker has gone from great to poor and the injury luck on D has finally caught up with them.

2. Webster

Your team’s fans loudly supported someone who was credibly accused of sexual assault for years because he won.

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I think they share the same masseuse now....;)awful joke but hey, you are guilty by association when you say crap like that.

4. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I don’t think most people want to know how most NFL players feel about Watson. It’s baffling, but he remains wildly popular amongst other players.Watch how is greeted by the opposing sideline after games, too.

Don’t make athletes your heroes.

poindexter likes this.
  5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Don't do the "your fans" thing. He does not represent the fan base. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Oct 21, 2024 at 8:05 PM
  6. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

Very fun game in Tampa so far. Baker starting to have issues with Baltimore's zone. Picked him twice when he had plenty of time (almost too much) to throw and just put the ball in bad places.

Tampa's failure to keep Lamar Jackson in the pocket has burned them.

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Stop me if you think you’ve heard this one before.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I didn't. I taught my daughter not to do so, either. I know plenty of Steelers fans who were disgusted by him as I am.

There are plenty of folks who love Kobe Bryant, too. That doesn't make what Myles Garrett said about Watson any less ignorant. So please kindly stuff your odd little ad hominem attack somewhere uncomfortable. Thank you.

Edit: I forgot you were a Jets fan. No wonder you are so bitter. I guess watching my favorite team bury yours last night was not fun for you.

9. HappyCurmudgeon

The real problem is and will continue to be Woody Johnson. Just hope to outlive him.

10. HappyCurmudgeon

Lamar 11-14, 181 and 2 tuds for a 158.3 rating at the half.

11. Webster

Yes, rooting for a likely rapist in literally thousands of posts on this website is ok as long as my team wins a lot of games.

12. Webster

He is the worst.

Draft saved Draft deleted