1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 7 -- I Goff at your Darnold

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Oct 16, 2024.

1. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

looking for a safe way to do an unsafe thing

outofplace and brn623cl like this.
  2. da man

da man Well-Known Member

As Tim McKyer once said, “Personal vendettas seem to follow me around.”

3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Jesus, can we all stop with the toddler fanboy shit? No one cares. Grow the fuck up.

Cosmo, JC, SixToe and 4 others like this.
  4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You could have fooled me. Seriously, just stop. I'm happy to play the bad guy for you. You seem to need it. Have a lovely evening.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yeah. They had an external layer of leather that was very prominent in photos. I believe a few pros used them too -- Willie Lanier maybe?

I think in the 80s/90s there was a brief vogue of helmets with external foam rubber. As I recall the consensus seemed to be that the softer rubber exteriors tended to "stick" to opposing players during impact, increasing the frequency of neck problems, so those faded away.

Of course we all remember the Rhino Rolls of the early to mid Seventies.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2024 at 7:50 PM
  6. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Always gotta get that last word ... amirite?

BurnsWhenIPee likes this.
  7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Jesus Christ what part of a moderator saying “Take it to PMs” is too difficult to process?

8. outofplace

So , would any of you like to talk about football now?

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

<PLONK>

10. outofplace

[​IMG]

11. outofplace

The Browns announced Jameis Winston will take over last the starting quarterback now that Watson is out for the season. Did they just get better?

12. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

From an aesthetic standpoint, there was any number of irritating things with this concept. First, it was called a "Winter Warning" game when it was sunny and mid-60s in Green Bay of all places.

Second, they cheated and ripped off their own road jerseys and the pants design they last used during their mandatory Color Rush (yes, the Packers' Color Rush was white) era. Both of those have gold stripes but the helmets don't, so it looks like an adult coloring book where they give you the yellow to start.

As loathe as I am to say it, Kevin O'Connell is doing a lot of work in Minnesota. I picked that team to go 4-13 this year because I didn't think he could turn Darnold into a useful QB and they had too many roster holes, but he (and DC Brian Flores) have done a first-class job.

Draft saved Draft deleted