1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Wild-Card Weekend thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Jan 8, 2024.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

To say nothing of those folks not at the game who might need help from police ot first responders.

2. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

All you people with your sensible thinking. This is playoff football! Sensibility is the first thing to go!

3. da man

da man Well-Known Member

HELL YEAH!

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Clearly the Governor is not a hockey fan:

5. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

The best part about this will be the NFL turning a rare admonishment into a way to co-opt MLK Day for itself. By 2026 at the latest, you'll have the I Have A Dream speech leading into the 4:30 PM game.

Baron Scicluna, dixiehack and Liut like this.
  6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Game misconduct and automatic recall.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

And now it’s been delayed until Monday at 4:30 Eastern.

8. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Funny but I was watching the entire broadcast of Super Bowl 13 yesterday on YouTube between the Cowboys and the Steelers (because why the hell not), and in addition to being up till then the best SB (as the announcers declared), Curt Gowdy kept referring occasionally to the quarters as periods, which you never hear nowadays. It was striking to me how different broadcasts are. Like, they didn’t show the stadium or the fans hardly at all, it was all about the game, and the freaking thing moved. The ads were a hoot too, especially Barney Miller touting a car for its length and width lol.

9. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Packers-Vikings game for me, at the Met in 1980 or 1981. Colder than all getout.

10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

The other half is getting across the Peace Bridge and back, unless they've streamlined the PRO-cess.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I had been plotting how I was going to sneak peeks at this while wrapping up work until you reminded me I’m off Monday. LFG.

12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

In before we’re forced to relive the 2020 postponements

Draft saved Draft deleted