1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Wild-Card Weekend thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Jan 8, 2024.

1. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

That’s not fair. Someone that powerful should not get to stutter step like he’s slowing for a slide and them truck a tiny DB and then gallop away from the rest of the DB’s.

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

That's what was announced on the field. I don't know all of the ins-and-outs of NFL replay like I do college. As for if it did or did not touch him, as you say it was damn close. Need indisputable evidence to overturn.

JC likes this.
  3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That’s the ball game.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Only thing I can figure is that the Bills player bobbled it slightly when he was on his back, and when he did his shoulder or helmet might have touched out of bounds before he fully had it secured. Sure looked like a recovery to me, though.

MileHigh likes this.
  5. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Is Mason Rudolph a fraud, or was he never good enough to be a fraud? Discuss amongst yourselves.

6. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Also Poyer was out of bounds and had his hand on the shoulder of the guy recovering it. Would that make him out of bounds via electric fence logic?

MileHigh likes this.
  7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Levi Wallace is terrible.

CD Boogie likes this.
  8. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

He's exactly what I believed him to be: a backup QB who performed well in his first 2-3 starts, then came back to earth. It just so happens that his return to earth happened in the wild-card around.

Not a fraud but was never the savior.

9. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Buffalo is going to rue kicking that next week when they’re playing without their punter.

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Have t seen a blocked field goal travel that far backwards since Bama-Tennessee in 1990.

Stacy Harrison I still love you.

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

There is literally nothing in my life I care less about than a Gronk SB field goal

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  12. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

Did Romo maybe decide to throw himself through a table before the game?

Draft saved Draft deleted