1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Wild-Card Weekend thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Jan 8, 2024.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

We will have to agree to disagree.

Please read the post of mine that doesn't include some version of the Bills are the better team and the Steelers deserved to lose regardless of the officiating. I'm not blaming the officials. I am pointing out where they did a poor job. Both things can be true.

2. outofplace

So officials should just ignore fans throwing snowballs at players while plays are going on. That is your stance. Got it.

3. outofplace

Tell me you didn't watch the game, or at least didn't pay attention, without telling me you didn't watch the game.

4. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Sean McDermott should have taken the mic and reminded Buffalo fans they don't live in Pittsburgh.

5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

There is literally no room for disagreement. It simply is not there.

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/...td-run-by-qb-in-nfl-history-bills-vs-steelers

It was a joke based on the JFK conspiracy theory post which I was responding to. But you knew that.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The Buffalo Bills, Inc. are a billion dollar corporation. The NFL should have ordered the Buffalo Bills to spend whatever money it took to clear the stands of snow.

7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Dude, you're making things up about Allen sliding. That's what I'm referring to.

8. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

This truly boggles my mind. It's 2024 and your best solution for getting rid of mountains of snow is dangling $20 an hour to people? They can't invest in thousands of snow blowers? Staircases and multi-tiered stadiums ensure it'll be a tedious job that requires some manual shoveling of the snow off each tier until it can be stacked on a sideline, but still, it's got to be a better and more efficient way of doing it than shoveling.

It probably indicates what the NFL thinks of the fans. You'll pay hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars for the experience of sitting in a snowbank. Fuck off either way.

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

How are the Packers expected to win without Aaron Rodgers being motivated by the fact that the 49ers didn't draft him?

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It's not the first time they've had to do it either. I imagine an upper division engineering student could figure out a way to clear an 80,000 seat stadium in about 12 hours. Use a bunch of those construction chutes you see down the sides of buildings, or just tarp the sections when snow is on the way - probably cheaper than what the bills were offering - but I also think it is also a reminder of their desire for a domed stadium.

11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

The outrage is $20, which isn't much of a dangle. Offer $100 and you'll get a thousand people in no time. Which I'm guessing is what you need to get the job done, correct me if I'm wrong but it didn't look like there were enough people to get 'er done.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It was $20 an hour - but they could have afforded more. They also could have hired a firm to do it.

Draft saved Draft deleted