1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No context Wikipedia text

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dixiehack, Aug 14, 2023.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

“During Halloween, some Floridians decided to go armed while trick-or-treating.”

2. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

“In 2011, Kucinich sued a Capitol Hill cafeteria for damages after a 2008 incident in which he claimed to have suffered a severe injury biting into a sandwich and breaking a tooth on an olive pit.”

I Should Coco and dixiehack like this.
  3. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

"One person would exclaim, 'You got your peanut butter on my chocolate!' and the other would exclaim, 'You got your chocolate in my peanut butter!' They would then sample the mixture and remark on the great taste."

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

24 January 1508: Maximilian requested permission to march to Rome through Venetian territory, but the Venetians suspected the ruse and prepared for war.

garrow and sgreenwell like this.
  5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

“In 2016, the BBC reported that just under one-third of the 1,992 polling booths across Australia had a sausage stand by the count of the Election Sausage Sizzles website.”

Hermes, garrow and I Should Coco like this.
  6. I Should Coco

As a rule, I try to avoid looking up websites with "sausage" in their name ... but that one might be an exception.

7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

an American Congressman, populist writer, and fringe scientist. He is known primarily now for his fringe theories concerning Atlantis, Catastrophism (especially the idea of an ancient impact event affecting ancient civilizations), and Shakespearean authorship. These works are widely regarded as examples of pseudoscience and pseudohistory.

dixiehack likes this.
  8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

"... a Dutch politician, former fetish model, producer, presenter, and activist."

Hermes, 2muchcoffeeman and dixiehack like this.
  9. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

"However, in September 2011, the state of Texas abolished all special meal requests after condemned prisoner Lawrence Russell Brewer requested a large and expensive last meal. Brewer did not eat any of it, stating that he was not hungry."

The meal:

"Two chicken fried steaks smothered in gravy with sliced onions, a triple meat bacon cheeseburger with fixings on the side, a cheese omelet with ground beef, tomatoes, onions, bell peppers and jalapeños, a large bowl of fried okra with ketchup, one pound of barbecue with half a loaf of white bread, three fajitas with fixings, a Meat Lovers pizza, three root beers, one pint of Blue Bell vanilla ice cream, and a slab of peanut butter fudge with crushed peanuts"

10. I Should Coco

If I was a condemned man, I'd eat as much of that as I could so I might puke some of it out onto the state penitentiary floor when they flip the switch on the electric chair.

HanSenSE likes this.
  11. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

To be fair, he was about to be fried to a crisp. Who can be hungry with that looming?

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

He'd'a'been a deep fried human turducken.

Wenders, maumann, HanSenSE and 2 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted