1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

not the same Auld Lang Syne: RIP Dan Fogelberg

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Dec 16, 2007.

1. Xsportschick

Xsportschick Member

I read about Ike Turner and Dan Fogelberg on the same day. Sad about Turner, but -- and yes, I'm from that 70s generation -- the Fogelberg news made me cry real tears.

Thanks to ... um.. was it Old Tony who posted <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IhjYbfK9vrk&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IhjYbfK9vrk&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object> ?

Because that look on Fogelberg's face, of joy and appreciation, is lovely. And because the song is lovely and because.

Sympathies to 21, and to the rest who knew him less but loved his music.

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

To not take undeserved credit, I'll point out that Tom Petty posted it. And what a great post it was.

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

jeez tony, keep up with all that flattery and old TP will have to buy a certain hard-line republican a beer one of these days. ;)

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Actually, I'm a rum and coke guy (good rum like Mount Gay Extra Old), but you buy me one of those and I'll buy you two beers. Believe me it would be a good deal for me. :D

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

hell tony, i hope it doesn't shatter your image of me, but i'm a vodka guy.

6. Nice to see Fogelberg bringing together all sides of the political spectrum.

I was a fan, too.

RIP.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

President Bush hates Dan Fogelberg.

;D... sorry, couldn't resist the setup, lyman.

8. shockey

shockey Active Member

board fave whipping boy peter king gave fogelberg a shout out in "mmqb" yesterday. mentioned how popular dan was in the late '70s in the dorms at miami (ohio) u., his alma mater. those of us i the same age bracket can relate.

9. Gotta hit those hanging curveballs. ;D

10. funky_mountain

funky_mountain Active Member

like DanOregon, i enjoyed fogelberg's bluegrass album, the tune 'sutter's mill' in particular. it's a sad tale of the gold rush days.
    RIP

11. We are now four pages in.
    Is it OK if I mention that I thought his music wasn't very good?

12. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Only if it's OK that I mention your politics suck.
    No offense, of course. 8)

Draft saved Draft deleted