1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NYC stringer/freelancer available

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help available' started by Nick Forrester, Jul 7, 2015.

1. Nick Forrester

Nick Forrester New Member

Hello everyone,

I'm an award winning journalist living in NYC, and am currently looking for any freelance opportunities.

There's obviously tons of teams here, with the Yankees, Mets, Giants, Jets, Rangers, Devils, Islanders, Red Bulls, NYCFC, etc. But in addition to any coverage of those teams/visiting teams, I'm also available to cover events like the upcoming U.S. Open, or any other sports events/issues your publication might need.

A little about myself: I freelance for several publications, but mostly the NY Daily News, where I primarily cover high school sports, but have also covered MLS soccer, Yankees and Mets games, and Giants training camp. A link to my articles for them can be found here. But I've also freelanced for several other publications, including Sports Business Journal, the Indianapolis Star and TeamUSA.org. Prior to moving to NYC, I was the Sports Editor at a local newspaper in Texas, so I know what types of stories editors are looking for.

Contact me here or at nafd5d(at)gmail.com and let me help out with any of your reporting needs.

Draft saved Draft deleted