1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NYC to LA in 12 minutes

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by bigpern23, Aug 11, 2011.

1. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Rules be damned, when I want me an In-and-Out burger...damnit, I'm going to get there and back for my lunch break!

2. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Shouldn't we be beyond hypersonic jets and into the age of the teleporter by now?

And where's my fucking hoverboard?

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Flying cars, dude, flying cars.

4. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Lost at sea.
    You could still say things are going swimmingly . . .

5. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

The shitty driver thing always makes me think twice about flying cars, especially the drunk drivers. Everyone would almost have to be armed with a breathalizer out of the factory. Actually they should almost think about doing that with cars now.

6. BB Bobcat

BB Bobcat Active Member

1. Regulations change.
    2. Couldn't the plane just go normal speed under 10,000 feet and then floor it at higher altitude?

This would be pretty cool. Probably not a practical affordable part of people's lives for 20+ years, which I base on, well, nothing.

7. jambalaya

jambalaya Member

Maybe one of you guys can clarify, but wasn't it planned the flight of the craft would be terminated by ditching it into the ocean? So this isn't exactly a failed mission, is it?

Draft saved Draft deleted