1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obama skewers Trump, gets skewered himself at White House Correspondent's Dinner

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by EagleMorph, May 1, 2011.

1. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I'll be impressed when I see a pic with Kate Upton.

2. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Jane Lynch. Stalwart of many Christopher Guest movies and currently Sue Sylvester on "Glee".

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. cortez

cortez Member

More importantly, he's a fucking awesome senator

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Re: Obama skewers Trump, gets skewered himself at White House Correspondent's Di

Damn, doesn't look like her.

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

Remember when Eddie was the guest host while still a cast member? And instead of the usual intro, he announced, "Live from New York, it's The Eddie Murphy Show!"

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I hope he didn't think he had a shot.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Not entirely sure how it works overall Mizzou, but I don't think so. We had a story on it (the prom of DC!) and somebody was quoted as saying it is a tougher ticket than the inaugural ball. I have no idea how tickets are distributed - I just know we had four tables (40 tickets) at our disposal. I was asked to choose two guests from the sports world and I chose Shaka Smart from VCU and Terri Williams-Flournoy from Georgetown. We had a couple other ambassadors and dignitaries and a bunch of us from the paper. No spouses - not even our guests brought theirs.

8. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

My understanding is that tickets are only available to accredited organizations that are members of the WCHA. They invite the guests they want.

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Yeah, a couple of years ago some press members were even bitching about how hard it was to get a table.

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Here's some about how tough a ticket it is:

11. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Boo's going to be pissed you didn't think of him instead.

12. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

He'll get over it. He didn't make the Sweet 16 this year.

I had not met her before. Liked her a lot. Turns out, she lives close to where I'm living. She wants to get her kids a lab.

Draft saved Draft deleted