1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obama To Rebuild U.S. Fastener Industry

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Sep 13, 2011.

1. joe

joe Active Member

If I didn't know better, I'd have thought MankyJimy was YF.

2. GoochMan

GoochMan Active Member

Apologies if this is part of another thread already. I'll admit I didn't look too hard.
    Now here's how we cut red tape to create jobs!

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/09/gop-jobs-plan-more-snakes.php?ref=fpa
    Question is, who is right? Mr. Animal Transportation rights guy, or the Floridians who are sick and tired of 'these mutha-fucking snakes in the mutha-fucking Everglades!'
    (I just wanted to see that Samuel L. Jackson poster again.)

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I wish. I stand in awe both in terms of creativity and relentlessness.

4. YankeeFan

So, no Democrat has even introduced his bill?

Maybe instead of a joint session speech, a Rose Garden press conference, and a multi-city road show, the President should just call Harry Reid:

LOL. Harry Reid's not even on board yet, but it's all the Republican's fault, right?

Pass this bill right now! Or maybe sometime in the next work period.

5. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

There is something seriously wrong with you if this is the way you really think.

6. YankeeFan

Go on.

7. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Meanwhile, bridges crumble... (on a spending bill like this, the House has to pass it first before the Senate can act, but whatever makes you happy)

8. YankeeFan

Yeah, and the WH doesn't write bills, right?

The Senate can still put it on the calendar and debate it. They haven't. Tuesday's special elections isn't going to light a fire under anyone's ass to get to work on it either.

It's DOA. He's done a joint session speech, a Rose Garden announcement, and a multi-city roadshow. He's done all he can. He can't sustain that kind of pressure/activity. And, there's no momentum in his own party to move the bill through Congress.

He just keeps setting himself up to look week and ineffective.

9. Point of Order

Republicans can either pass it or run against it. Either way it's four more years and hopefully a Congress that won't turn its back on working people.

10. YankeeFan

That's not the choice.

They don't have to "run against it" if Democrats aren't running "on it".

So far, only the President is pushing for it. By the election, he might not even be running on it.

11. Point of Order

Don't bet on it.

12. YankeeFan

Why wouldn't I.

I've quoted articles showing Dems running away from the bill.

What makes you think it will be an effective campaign issue for the President?

It's "Son of Stimulus".

The electorate is over stimulus. They don't think it works. They want spending cut, not increased. That's why Dem's got wiped out in the midterms.

The Dems already have a tough cycle coming up. They have a bunch of Senate seats to defend.

No one is going to stand up and fight for this guy. The Dem in NY who just lost didn't want his help. He had (Andrew) Cuomo & (Bil) Clinton make robocalls for him, but avoided even mentioning the President.

Draft saved Draft deleted