1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obscure sports trivia

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Randy Ready?
    He's the only one I can think of (and maybe the last one) who had an unassisted triple play.

EDIT: He didn't have an unassisted triple play. He could have, but passed it up like a dumbass.

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

No, not Randy Ready, who did have one of the great baseball names for his era.

He once had a season with a .943 OPS and 153 OPS+. Who knew?

3. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Came across this unexpectedly doing some research.
    In what city did the Sacramento Kings franchise establish its all-time home-game attendance record?
    Most of us know the map this franchise has followed. Keep in mind, though, teams over the years have played "home" games in other cities chasing $$$.

4. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Off the top of my head, I'll guess Adrian Beltre -- I know he has the hitting portion of that trifecta covered.

5. micropolitan guy

It's John Valentin.

6. micropolitan guy

Even if I guessed the parlay of Rochester/Cincinnati/Kansas City/Omaha/Sacramento I'd still be wrong, right?

Probably NYC at the old Garden, when they were the "home" team in the opener of one of those doubleheaders they used to have.

Liut likes this.
  7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Mississippi Valley State is currently on a 28-game losing streak (0-26 this year, lost the last two games of last season). Who holds the Division I record for longest losing streak (41 games)?

8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Centenary — post Robert Parish?

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Negative

10. da man

da man Well-Known Member

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Towson including the year they went 1-31.

12. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted