1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Offseason baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Elliotte Friedman, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yankees now have the best quarterback in New York City and the surrounding suburbs. Jeffy Wilpon must be throwing a fit.

2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I got five, but feel very bad about missing Mr. Pee Pee.

3. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

I got 8. Stuck on 2, 3 and 4 in the top row, and the first one on the bottom row.

4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Maybe the scout was wrong. If he was, he certainly had lots of company.

5. micropolitan guy

The first one on the bottom row.

Don Mossi, a guy with ears so big he looked like a taxi with the doors open.

6. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Nope. Good guess - others have made that same guess in the reply tweets. I had no clue.

7. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Is No. 4 Jim Bunning?

8. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

If the Royals guy was Don Mossi, I would have gotten it. His ears stuck out much more than that guy. No. 4 could be Bunning; I'm not really sure.

9. micropolitan guy

It can't be good to be mistaken for Don Mossi. That is Jim Bunning. The Yankee looks like someone out of the 1950s or 1960s, Bob Cerv?

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I thought the Yankee was easy. Like mpcincal, I got stuck on two, three and four on the top row and the first guy on the bottom.

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

How happy is Tanaka that he decided not to opt out of his $22M/year contract?

Agent: So, Masa, whatcha think?
    Clicks link to baseball-reference page for Masahiro Tanaka. Sees: 2017 - 4.74 ERA.
    Tanaka: I want to go out and battle with these guys again and try to really get to where we want to get. They still have to pay me, right?

12. micropolitan guy

No. 2 on the top row is the Yankee I'm talking about, not Clemens or Pinella.

Draft saved Draft deleted