1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ok you asked for it.... yawn's response

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Nov 7, 2006.

1. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Texas can go join OPEC. They still have their shit together.

"Gov. Rick Perry led the GOP to yet another statewide sweep Tuesday, after winning his second term with the lowest percentage of any winning candidate for governor in more than a century."

Translated - even with all the backlash, he still won.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Republicans sweep Texas. Knock me over with a feather. Next you'll deliver the shocking news that they also swept Alabama.

3. dog428

dog428 Active Member

By Yawn's definition, Cower = being smart enough to realize that a friendly country has dragged you into one hell of a mess that more than half of that country's citizens are against.

You were wrong, Yawn. You talked all that bullshit. You ran your mouth for the last week. Don't come with this ignorant shit now. It's just sad.

We only need to hear three words from you.

I. WAS. WRONG.

Then, off to bed you go.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

MUHAHAHAHAHAHA! You whiffed worse than Rob Deer on missing my point. I can't tell whether you're intellectually dishonest, a moron, or both.

I'm going to assume you're a moron and explain it to you: If the entire war hadn't been predicated on a massive lie, and if the GOP hadn't cynically played on our post-9/11 paranoia, WE WOULDN'T HAVE EVER BEEN IN THAT WAR!

Given that we were fed a lie and we did go to war, if it had been planned beyond the Bush administration's best-case scenario wet dream and actually prepared for the long-term conflict people outside their administration predicted, chances are, WE WOULDN'T STILL BE FIGHTING THE WAR! Or at least not fighting it on the massive clusterfuck scale we are now.

Read those points slowly, so you understand. Mouth out the words if you need to.

5. Yawn

Yawn New Member

If Texas seceded from the Union tomorrow, there would be a massive refugee problem there after tonight.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

7. Kritter47

Kritter47 Member

The real interesting results in Texas are coming from Dallas County. With 99 percent of the votes in, 41 of the 42 races went to the Democrats.

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Texas isn't as red as some people around here think.

9. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Your point was heard for the bullshit it is.

Fact: The WMD issue was supported not only by Bush but Clinton. Bush did not create this issue. Get off that worn out song and dance now. It's old and dull.

I have never said that Bush didn't fuck some things up. Go back and note the 100 or so remarks about not sealing the borders. To your credit, that does incorporate into a long-range plan. Most of those who fought us came into the country from Syria and Iraq. Without them there, we might have already been out. And that is Bush's fault. Or more specifically, Rummie's. But he serves at the pleasure of the president, so the buck stops with Bush.

But you did CLEARLY suggest that one death was too many. And that is so naive it is sickening.

10. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Now I think I know who you are. You're one of Anne Richards' daughters.

11. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Your administration's vision has been rejected, bobblehead. Time to fold.

12. Kritter47

Kritter47 Member

Make that 42 of 42 races in Dallas County to the Democrats, according to the Dallas Morning News website.

Draft saved Draft deleted