1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ON THE ROAD

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Moderator1, Jan 4, 2005.

1. Hockeyscribe

Hockeyscribe Member

Eating and drinking spots needed for Philadelphia, please.

Thanks.

2. Farbecker

Farbecker Active Member

I had a good meal and many good beers a couple of years ago at this joint: http://www.noddinghead.com/

3. Besides SpectraVision and covering basketball, is there ANYTHING to do in Dayton???

4. Bubba Fett

Bubba Fett Active Member

There's probably a pretty good Wright Brothers museum there since that's where they lived and did most of their work before heading to Kitty Hawk.

5. kleeda

kleeda Active Member

The Air Force Museum is in Dayton and it's amazing if you like that sort of thing.

6. Hockeyscribe

Hockeyscribe Member

And the price is right. It's free.

7. Stupid

Stupid Member

I'm headed to Springfield, Mass for the D-II Elite Eight. anyone know much about Springfield? Not sure where I'm staying but assume it will be near the MassMutual Arena. is that a good place to be on foot? is there shopping nearby? I'm taking my wife with me and she'll need to stay busy in case we're there for 4-5 days.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Doesn't Springield, Ill., have a cool new Abe Lincoln museum? Guess that won't help you much in Mass., though. One ought to have a Simpsons museum.

9. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

If you have a rental car, you're better off staying right up I-91 in Amherst or Northampton. Both are cool little college towns - UMass in Amherst and Smith in Northampton - and if your wife's into travelling afoot, shopping/dining/bookstore/spa is in walking distance in both towns.

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I think it's in Springfield, Mo.

11. Idaguy

Idaguy Guest

So since no one responded, does that imply there is nowhere good to eat or drink in Oakland? I do know the Comfort Inn claims to have a lounge in it, but that seems pretty sketchy. I'm probably just going to stay in my room so I don't get shot.

12. markvid

markvid Guest

If you can, stay in SF and take the train over. More choices for food and hotel and BART drops you off right at the arena. From downtown SF, it takes no more than 30 mins via train. Do not drive, it takes FOREVER.

Draft saved Draft deleted