1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ON THE ROAD

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Moderator1, Jan 4, 2005.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I don't know why the star is on the park, but Ft. Lesley J. McNair is just to the right. Yeah, it's pretty small.

2. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

I need help from the northern contingent here.

Quebec City. The plan is to drive up early Sat. morning and head back at the end of the weekend. Places to go, see and drink. Many thanks!

3. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

I haven't been there but I heard the Museum of Espionage is great.

Of the Smithsonians, skip the Natural History and American History unless there is a specific exhibit you want to see. Air & Space is always good, and you can breeze through it.

There's also a small White House Museum kitty-corner from the Treasury building (directly across the street from the Willard Hotel) that has some interesting things on display.

4. accguy

accguy Member

While it isn't exactly the most uplifting place, the Holocaust museum in D.C. is fantastic. I think you still need to get tickets ahead of time, but it's worth it. If you can't get tickets, there is still a good chunk that you can go to without a ticket.

5. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

That's where Hillary killed Vince Foster.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

This is the kind of right-wing distortion that we have come to expect. It's an outright lie. Everyone knows she paid someone else to off Vince.

7. MrMojave

MrMojave Member

Any idea where to find a great Beer Cheese Soup in the Twin Cities or West Wisconsin area?

8. Pocket Aces

Pocket Aces Guest

Heading to Baltimore for a wedding...anything touristy? Is Pimlico worth checking out in the offseason?

9. giantjay25

giantjay25 Member

Unless there's a race, I'd skip Pimlico. It's a ways out from downtown.

If the weather permits, I'd recommend Inner Harbor. There's plenty to do there, including the Aquarium, Hard Rock, and Camden Yards within walking distance. Plus there's plenty to eat at the harbor (I recommend the Cheesecake Factory), and drinking aplenty, either there, or right around the corner in the Power Plant bar district.

10. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

i hear they have a tgi friday's now, too! and maybe a chili's and an applebee's!

11. giantjay25

giantjay25 Member

Heck, HoopsMcCann might be there too!!

Draft saved Draft deleted