1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ON THE ROAD

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Moderator1, Jan 4, 2005.

1. MporkchopU

MporkchopU New Member

Vincenzo's in Louisville is always good but a bit expensive. Worth it, though.

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

And while you have to do the downtown part if it's your first time in, there are a couple of plays just five minutes away from the beaten path that are a lot of fun too. And some legendary places just on the other side of the bay bridge.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I'm not an expect in the area, but Annie's in Grasonville (Kent Narrows) is a great place. Heard good things about the Fisherman's Inn, also in Grasonville. Supposedly, you can't go wrong with the crabcakes at either place.

4. Jinga_Thomson

Jinga_Thomson Member

I'm planning to take a buddy out next month in Atlanta for a fairly low-key bachelor party. I can't make his official shindig, hence the weekend excursion. It'll just be me and him, and I'd prefer to keep the events as affordable as possible.

Given those facts, what are the must-do items on the itenerary?

5. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

clairmont loungue

6. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

Gold Club... tell them Patrick and Andruw sent you.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

They have some wonderful museums and shops in Atlanta. You boys have fun.

8. donnie23

donnie23 Member

If you ever -- EVER -- trust a stranger on anything in this world, eat at Oregano's in Tucson. It's on Speedway in the general vicinity of the university; check oreganos.com for more info. Get the pizza -- thin-crust or pan, it doesn't matter -- and absolutely get a pizzookie for dessert. I was recently in Phoenix for a weekend and ate there for both lunch and dinner on my free day.

9. Jinga_Thomson

Jinga_Thomson Member

I was thinking the World of Coke was a must-see. Thanks for the tip, Ace!

10. nychack

nychack Member

A few things here...

Will be in <b>Richmond</b> for the CAA and staying downtown at the Marriott -- food/drink suggestions?

Jotted down some <b>Columbus</b> places but someone mentioned a steakhouse by the airport -- any idea of the name?

Finally, any suggestions for <b>Toronto</b>? Will be up there for a few days in June

Thanks

11. In richmond, make sure you eat at the Tobacco Company. They do a money brunch and the rest of the menu is on point.

In Toronto, hit the Madison late night for brews. It's just off Bloor st. W. I also find the Sunset Grille to have the best omelettes...ever. The location on Queen St.in the beaches gets pretty crowded, so prepare to wait.

12. nychack

nychack Member

Cristiano,

thanks bro -- will make a note of the places. im told its a bit sketchy downtown richmond, but Im from New York, so how bad could it be? Besides, I believe my hotel is real close to the arena.

Draft saved Draft deleted