1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ON THE ROAD

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Moderator1, Jan 4, 2005.

1. Hearst Castle is pretty cool. Wife and I took a visit there on a whim a couple years ago and we are planning to go back this summer to see all the stuff we didn't in a day. There are like four different tours of the place, that is how big it is.

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Bars in Fort Worth? I love the Flying Saucer, but don't really know of any others. Suggestions?

3. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

'Gola, I'm a big fan of 8.0 (Eight-oh, if you're directing a cabbie), though it's kind of a hipster-type place, a little dressier than most people like. Collared shirt, at least, not sure if they allow shorts. In the summer they open doors and windows and have a patio where you can hear live music sometimes. And they have couches, which always is cool with me.

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I love couches and I love patios, none of which we have here in West Texas. I will check it out, though if wearing pants is a requirement, I am not sure, but otherwise I will check it out.
    Thanks.

5. WS

WS Member

got to cover a game in Miami this fall. I've actually stayed in the Doral area before, and it seemed all right

is that the best/safest place to stay? where else? and what areas should I avoid at all costs?

thanks

6. markvid

markvid Guest

Do not stop anywhere near the airport or the Orange Bowl.

Fly into Fort Lauderdale if you can.

7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

OKC, anyone?

Restaurants, where to stay, attractions?

8. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Brick Town - eating joints, hotels and things to see.
    http://www.bricktownokc.org/

9. Hockeyscribe

Hockeyscribe Member

I'm headed to Atlanta and Athens for a Georgia Tech-Georgia doubleheader (well, only about a half of Tech-Samford before heading to Athens).

Staying in downtown Atlanta, and I need assistance on eating and drinking places, travel, and parking situations at Georgia Tech and UGA.

Thanks in advance.

10. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Active Member

I didn't make it there the last time I was in OKC, but I heard Tapwerks is a cool place to go, especially if you like beer. They have more than 100 beers from all over the world.

http://www.tapwerks.com/

11. Going to be in Jacksonville soon. Any good, late-night local eats with reasonable proximity to I-95 or the bypass?

12. I would just go to The Landing if I was there on the weekend. Jax Beach is cool and has some great spots, but it's out of the way

Draft saved Draft deleted