1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

One dinner. Four journalists. And you. Whom do you choose?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by SuperflySnuka, Oct 11, 2007.

1. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Party at Cansportschick's house!

Can we talk about the Karma Sutra, like you did with DEB?

2. Well sportschick, how about making it 17 and making room for me and paris hilton? ;)

3. I'm willing to park cars.

4. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

wicked, I'd like to call it a grand ol' kitchen party full of fun and frivolity. If you get enough wine in me, I will get to talking about that. Actually, any sort of alcohol will do....

Such a slosh you know ;D ;D ;D

Forget a dinner, a full blown out party is the way to go.

Huckleberry, I am sorry but if you bring Paris, you can't come. And it's Can to you (don't want anyone to confuse me with the original sportschick on this board.)

Fenian, consider yourself invited.

And all you thought Hugh Hefner could throw the party of all parties...

I actually want to add to my list:

Seamus O'Regan from Canada AM (CTV): A Newfoundlander who has worked for Brian Tobin and Jean Charest.
    The most nicest person (along with David Muir, you will ever meet). He also has the same music tastes as myself, and he is such fun. He can talk about politics, music, and really just about anything.

5. Seamus O'Regan?
    Did he go to primary school with Darby O'Gill.
    I thought I was a paddy.
    Good god.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I forgot to add James Carville to my list.

7. T&C

T&C Member

None of those people CanSportschick wants to invite to dinner other than Ron McLean and Stephen Brunt is allowed west of the Ontario/Manitoba border let alone inside the Winnipeg city limits. Please keep them in Toronto.

8. chazp

chazp Active Member

Ring Lardner, Dan Jenkins, Grantland Rice and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (he covered the 1908 Olympics for a London paper).

9. PinSuperfly

PinSuperfly New Member

Have the dinner invitations left the building? I want to scratch Jon Gold off my list and replace him with Judd Zulgad.

10. Sorry, I'll call you Can for now on ... but I didn't think you would want to be referred to what is commonly considered a person's buttocks in my country. But you wanna me to calla you a Can, then I calla you a Can. :)

11. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Ring Lardner rocks - I loved "You Know Me Al".

12. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

T&C, I wasn't planning on inviting you anyway ;) ;D

Huckleberry, actually Deb has a new name for me, how about Can Can to represent the dance. I am very good at it ;D

Draft saved Draft deleted