1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oswalt to Phils? ... The trade-deadline thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spnited, Jul 29, 2010.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I just asked my son, what sucks worse? Prado being hurt or Farnsworth coming back? Didn't he suck for them a few years ago?

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

[blue]Live arm, veteran presence. They'll be fine.[/blue]

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Ed Wade says Astros are about to sign Brett Myers to a long-term deal. Proof that the dumbest guy in your fantasy league is a better GM than Ed Wade.

4. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

Boom, outta here. [/lamebrettmyersreference]

5. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Fun fact from ESPN: Astros now have 35 mil committed for 2011; A-Rod costs 32 mil alone.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

BYH, you had me with you on the comments about the Pirates right up to the point that you suggested Bud could grow a spine someday.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Just making sure everyone's paying attention, is all.

8. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

You're right about Capps. Releasing the guy was inexcusable and a horrible example of asset management.

But I think Huntington (partially) made up for it by acquiring two good prospects -- or anything of value -- for Blowtel.

9. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I for one am absolutely shocked that the Royals and Braves decided to do business on a trade. Those teams almost NEVER deal with each other.

10. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Well, I'd count Ankiel as an upgrade. Farnsworth is an upgrade on Jesse Chavez. They did that and got the Royals to give them money.

11. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

It's nice to know Atlanta has a GM in a another city, no?

12. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I didn't say replace him in the starting lineup, just in the batting order. He gets on base more often, and that's what a leadoff hitter is supposed to do.

Draft saved Draft deleted