1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OUTING 2011 -- UPDATED WITH A WINNER

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Apr 3, 2011.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

The one time I went to "The Cell," I took a cab there and back. Was staying much closer, at the Hyatt McCormack Place. Cost about 10 bucks each way. Nice stadium, just kind of out there in the middle of nothing.

2. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

That sounds great, swenk, but I'm connected to the aforementioned baby. Being born on the NW side AND being a Sox fan, I'm familiar with both parks/areas. From strictly a game-viewing perspective, Comiskey (can't help it) is an underrated ballpark. Obviously, though, it's easy for a quasi-local to recommend driving. Ultimately, though, you really can't go wrong with a large group going to a Cubs game. The fans are generally well-natured about the ribbing us interlopers give them during the occasional visit, and the park is surrounded by tons of alcohol and food.

3. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

The hotel is in a great spot for getting to Wrigley on the red line and very centrally located to downtown stuff, definitely a good spot.

4. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

It wouldn't be the same if you weren't there for me to cuss out.

5. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

Connected? Is that what the kids are calling it these days? :D

6. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I wish I was considered a kid and could tell you. :)

7. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

I hereby enter my annual "I really want to go but I have no idea if I can" message

8. ADodgen

ADodgen Member

This.

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

AD, if you're in, I'm in. Assuming no one else from work has taken that weekend off, of course.

10. ADodgen

ADodgen Member

I'll need a little time to be able to say for sure, but I feel good about being there for at least Sat-Sun. I make no promises, though.

Tell the folks at work to stick it!

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Hahahah not so easy when it's a four-person crew and weekends are our busy days. Two people off on the same weekend is virtual insanity.

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I just stayed at the Doubletree last week. Not bad at all.

Draft saved Draft deleted