1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OUTING 2011 -- UPDATED WITH A WINNER

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Apr 3, 2011.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

See if they can just hold until like July 1 or June 25 (a month out) or whatever. They don't need to hold until the day of arrival. If we don't book by then, we're sol.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Yeah, most places will hold without a guarantee until 3-4 weeks out. Chicago I could see needing a month. But it's not like those 5-6 rooms we don't use would be the breaking point in them losing money on the weekend.

3. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Fifteen rooms may be a tad on the high side. What did we have last year, five? Granted it was Cleveland, but still.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I figured that was high, but also figured Chicago would be a bigger draw.

I also didn't realize they would want me to sign a contract, so I figured I err on the high side. I'll see if they'll hold them for some period of time without one and/or bring down the number of rooms held depending on how people respond.

5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

It'll be another couple of weeks before I'll be back under the same roof with my boss, so I can figure out if I can take off, or not.

I guess you can tentatively count me -- and maybe the missus -- in, but I won't know for sure until after the first week of May.

6. imjustagirl

I've sent out an e-mail to my second coworker (one's already taken that weekend off, and the other said he didn't give a rat's ass...makes me feel special) to see if he's cool with me skipping town and leaving them short-handed.

I'll let you know when I know.

7. joe

joe Active Member

Miss L and I are in, but I reckon we won't share a room with any of you fine folks. We'll be arriving on the Mega Bus a little before 10 p.m. on Thursday and leaving on Sunday morning. We'll go to a Friday or Saturday game at Wrigley. I'll drink a lot and piss her off, but such is life.

Joe

8. imjustagirl

I would ask you to wear the leather pants, but since it's July in Chicago, I'm guessing that's not an option.

9. joe

joe Active Member

No, but I might wear my kilt.

10. imjustagirl

Promises, promises.

11. joe

joe Active Member

Hey, I wore my leather pants to an unofficial outing (Las Vegas) and an official one where I was co-host (Seattle). What makes you think I won't wear my kilt in Chicago?

12. imjustagirl

I have no doubt. I look forward to meeting the Miss. (still hoping I can get there)

Draft saved Draft deleted