1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OUTING 2011 -- UPDATED WITH A WINNER

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Apr 3, 2011.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Glitter shirt?

If I somehow make it - and who knows where I'll be or what I'll be doing 90 days from now - I might break out the Walter Payton jersey. Might not be a better place for it ...

2. joe

joe Active Member

I do have a green iridescent acetate shirt. In Las Vegas, everything was sparkly after Cadet and sportschick got done decorating the room with glitter. Buckweaver even had it in his beard.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I know. Someone captured Buck-Dub's reaction to the glitter in his sig ... might have been you, Joe.

I can see SC spreading glitter ... and Cadet doing the same.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I have the blessing of my coworkers to take the weekend off. Count me in!

Anyone looking to share a room, let me know. I'm always down to save some cash.

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Having already spent many more than 1,001 nights there, hope to be there, though will be looking to minimize my exposure to the worst excesses of Cubdom.

6. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

I plan to be there. No family obligations (including potato guns), no relatives in town. All I have to prepare for is my well-deserved slap from IJAG. If I share a room with her, there likely will be many slaps.

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

This would frighten me even if I HADN'T met you.

But because I did, it petrifies me.

8. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

Petrifies? Now I feel sad.

9. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I figured it was a slappy reference. What do I know ...

10. Mrs. Crazy Cat is expected to deliver in early August, so I don't know if I can make the four-hour trip to Chicago or not, but I'm definitely interested.

Any thoughts on how to convince her that me making this trip is a good idea are welcomed.

11. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Hey YF, do we have a mechanism to reserve yet?

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I just emailed the sales person an hour or so ago to ask for one.

I wanted to wait a little while since so few people had committed. I should have something in a little bit.

In the mean time, if people are sure they are coming, please post, PM, or email me.

Draft saved Draft deleted