1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OUTING 2011 -- UPDATED WITH A WINNER

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Apr 3, 2011.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Still looking for a roommate, BTW.

2. imjustagirl

I MAY have to back out. Fell in love with a house, have to borrow money from mucho people, and taking three days off to go gallivant around Chicago after borrowing $2K from folks would probably not come across well.

I'll see how the timing falls. I hate to do it, because I always talk shit about people who say they're going, then don't...but it's life. :(

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Me & the one person who have committed are going to have an awesome time that weekend!

:)

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Just sleep them on your couch and teach them the coffee business.

5. YankeeFan

I was going to say that. LOL.

They might not know what's in store for them.

6. imjustagirl

Yeah, I'm out. Turns out the finance lady neglected to mention I couldn't borrow money to come up with the upfront. So I need to save up $2K asap.

Sorry, guys. :(

7. patchs

patchs Active Member

Hmm? Looks familiar.

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Should I use my oversized nametag again? Worked in Baltimore ... think Mr. Sonner can vouch for it there ... Dools in Toronto ...

9. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

I elbowed lono when you walked into the bar in Baltimore and said, "That has to be Sam, right?"

10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Well, you also knew what the nametag indicated. It might not have universal appeal.

Yet. :)

11. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

OK....I will admit I am lazy at this point. But, I just found out I am not going to make my family reunion the same weekend as Chicago, but since I will miss going to the games with you folks, the least I could try to do is have drinks and say hello. Could someone please point out on which page the details of meet-and-greet are so I do not have to scroll through all 9.2 pages...?

I will see if I can pop up there to meet and visit with you all.

Also....Is it too early to nominate cities for 2012...? St. Louis would be my first choice (now if only I could dodge the family reunion for a second straight year....).

12. YankeeFan

Momentum seems to have slowed for this.

Is anyone actually planning on coming?

Draft saved Draft deleted