1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OUTING 2011 -- UPDATED WITH A WINNER

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Apr 3, 2011.

1. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I know I've enjoyed the 'little' outings a lot. JR and I still talk about our spur of the moment road trip from Toronto to NYC. Drove down on Friday afternoon, went out with the SJ folks on Saturday (lobster bisque!) and drove home Sunday. I think I may have enjoyed that almost as much as the Toronto gathering. :D

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I'll be in Vegas in June. If anybody wants to meet there, I've got the first round.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I'll be in Vegas March 7-12 for my birthday/work weekend. If anybody wants to meet me there, I'm not buying the first round. :D

4. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Dammit, I was gonna show up too. Oh well, tough shit.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I'd be in for something in the West.

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Yes, it is. I was going to ask when this was occurring because it's time I scared people showed up for another one.

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

And my dinner! Happy Birthday to me!

8. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I deploy in July, but I'd try like hell to get to something in mid-June.

9. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

That makes two of us, HanSen.

It might be tough to have a "nationwide" outing weekend this year, but some smaller, regional get togethers might work.

I hear Reno/Lake Tahoe is close by for just about anyone ... :)

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

11. joe

joe Active Member

I can play host for St. Louis or KC (maybe — big maybe with the wedding coming in April), getting tickets and finagling hotel deal. Might not be able to make it myself for the whole weekend, but I'm sure I could get to either one for at least a night of drinking, carousing and baseball watching. Yeah, it's Missouri for all you pissers out there, but there's The Hill in St. Louis and mucho barbecue in KC that can sate the SJ hordes. Easy flights into KC from Southwest. As for Lambert in the Lou, I haven't flown there in 12 years.

If it's June, you get defending WS champion Cards or Royals at home. Kauffman is beautiful, and Busch III has plenty of bars close, especially on the Landing. I don't consider Cleveland the Midwest, so this could be the first Midwest outing ever.

Anyway, just a thought.

12. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I might be able to hit up St. Louis.

Draft saved Draft deleted