1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Paging Lynn Hoppes ...

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Riptide, Jul 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

You can either believe that carrie has the information to make her accusations, or you can think she just has an axe to grind. That's up to you. I am not assuming the accusations are true either, but I think if they weren't then someone would come to his defense. Surely, there are plenty of people on this board who have worked with him. I am just saying that carrie has a right to say what her experience/knowledge of Hoppes is, anonymous or not.

And I am aware that opinions are not right or wrong. I simply misspoke. But thanks for being so condescending. We need more of that around here too.

Funny that so much of what you say seems to be hypocritical, since you anonymously bash the anonymous posters, and you certainly appear to be the type to think your opinion is irrefutable fact yet you bash others for thinking the same.

2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

One thing I've learned after being a douche myself on the matter is that if you're making value judgments based on someone's number of posts, you probably need to do better.

3. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

He's getting into doodah territory for posts on the first day. Not too many people swim in the deep end when they go swimming in a pool for the first time.

4. Seems to me, and I have to admit I haven't been following this latest childish back-and-forth volley of insults, but for me, the fewer posts somebody has, the more credibility they have.

Really, some of you lifers need to step away and kind of take stock a little bit.

5. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

You must be new here.

6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I'll third that. (Although, like I said, I've been guilty of that in the past myself.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.