1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Penn State AD charged with perjury -- *UPDATE 2* Sandusky Arrested Again

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by linotype, Nov 5, 2011.

1. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Re: Penn State AD charged with perjury in Sandusky investigation

The saddest thing about all this is the incident in question occurred in 2002. From published reports, this went on until 2009. How many young boys might have been spaed if justice had been served then?

And with all the back and forth on Paterno and the PSU administration, let me be Captain Obvious perhaps, and say that any breath that this character Sandusky continues to draw is one breath too many,

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

I think your last two sentences sum it up. I also like to think I would have stopped it and beat Sandusky within an inch of his life. But can you comprehend seeing something so awful? Honest to God, I'm surprised the GA's hair didn't turn white at the sight. I would never get over that sight. Ever. And if he were to try and repress it and pretend it didn't happen, well, I'm guessing he'd be far from the only one.

He could have handled it better, but this is a horrendous experience that nobody can ever be prepared for. The same rationale certainly doesn't apply to the don of State College.

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

"Good Morning America" was here when I arrived. CBS is now showing up.

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

You guys got something going on or something??

5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Heh. I will say our lead reporter's done a helluva job with this. She was the CDT's main person on this story before coming to Harrisburg in January, at which point she took over the story here.

6. clintrichardson

clintrichardson Active Member

paterno released a statement in which he said he did not know the specific allegations in 2002:

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2011/11/joe_paterno_issues_statement_a.html

So the GA makes a trip to paterno's house specifically to tell him he saw Sandusky doing something "inappopriate" in the shower with a young boy, but the assistant never specifies and Paterno never asks him to specify?

Please.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Clint beat me to the press release. Fucking disgraceful behavior by Paterno and PSU.

I hope YGBFKM is on desk when Paterno dies so he can accurately edit the obit.

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

This is unbelievable.

The stupidity of the people around there that didn't report it just boggles the mind.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Once upon a time, Jerry Sandusky was going to replace Joe Paterno.
    Very soon, this will be true -- tho not in the way people expected.
    Joepa's gotta go. Today. Now.

10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

That's a nice Frank Pantangeli by Joe.

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Yeah, let's be patient. 9 years have already passed since the incident occurred, there's no need to rush to judgment now.

Besides, there's lots of reasons a grown man might be standing behind a 10-year-old boy in a shower.

12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I enjoyed him telling us to "trust the Penn State name," like you're fucking AT&T or Toyota or Pepsi or something. That tells me something right there. "You've always been brand loyal to US and we hope you will remain brand loyal to US."

Draft saved Draft deleted