1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Penn State AD charged with perjury -- *UPDATE 2* Sandusky Arrested Again

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by linotype, Nov 5, 2011.

1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Re: Penn State AD charged with perjury -- *UPDATE* Paterno Fired

Yup.

2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Well, yeah. The couple of us on the other side from you have been fairly, shall we say, diplomatic about all this.

I can only imagine the reception your ideas would get around the Beaver Stadium tailgates today.

3. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Shottie, your performance the last few pages is embarrassing. The joy you've shown reveling in today's game and the negative and very real emotions it has elicited is disturbing.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Look, anybody who thinks Paterno was "wronged" is a fucking idiot. I don't understand how anybody can feel that way and I certainly don't want to hear their excuses for the guy.

If those people want to show their ass on national television that's their problem.

5. Re: Penn State AD charged with perjury -- *UPDATE* Paterno Fired

Shot, that doesn't reflect on me as much as you think it does. Many of those folks were also marching through the streets this week for Paterno when he knew something "of a sexual nature" had happened to a little boy, before they did for the little kids who were victims.

I know many Penn State alums who agree with everything I say. And many folks who are far removed from the university and state are horrified.

Maybe the problem isn't thinking about the folks at the Beaver Stadium tailgates are thinking, but separating yourself from it.

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Really?

An additional $200,000 tacked onto the tens of millions every one of those kids is already going to receive is an act of voluntary suffering? C'mon.

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

This matters why?

8. jr/shotglass

And I aligned right with you all this week on Paterno's culpability. And Sandusky's. And Curley's. And Spanier's. And Schultz's.

I'm not going to support taking away a source of entertainment and escape from an entire school/community/state for the sad actions of a few.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I think it has more tangible value than canceling a football game.

And those kids won't see a huge chunk of those settlements. Their lawyers will.

10. jr/shotglass

It certainly beats the hell out of the pound of flesh you're wanting to extract.

11. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I understand sports is a catharsis, a needed escape. I can also understand people close to the school and program wanting to watch this game and pretending that everything is normal again for three hours. But there's a wide gap between that type of compartmentilization and taking the time to mock people who feel strongly about what this game and its accompanying celebrations represent.

12. jr/shotglass

Nope.

Draft saved Draft deleted