1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Penn State AD charged with perjury -- *UPDATE 2* Sandusky Arrested Again

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by linotype, Nov 5, 2011.

1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Re: Penn State AD charged with perjury in Sandusky investigation

Schultz already was retired, he already was collecting his pension before coming back temporarily.

I doubt Curley returns to work, but they're couching it as a leave of absence at this point.

2. derwood

derwood Active Member

that guy will do major prison time. seven year max is possible.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Only thing missing is a $37 million golden parachute.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

If people are talking about jail time for McQueary, Schultz and Curley, then the fourth guy who covered up needs to go too... Not going to happen, not in that state, but it should...

5. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

So what exactly does it take to get fired at Penn State?

Don't care if Curley/Schultz are guilty or innocent. If I'm on that board, I can 'em both immediately. No benefits, no retirement, nada. They failed as human beings the moment they didn't call the authorities.

6. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Spanier?

Good luck getting that past the university's counsel.

7. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

Yeah, I know. I said "if it was me."

And if it was me, I'd get the sumbitches in a room and give 'em the speech from the end of Unforgiven:

"I"ll kill you, I'll kill your family, I'll kill your friends." Now, STFU. Here's a box. Clean out your desk.

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Aww, c'mon Slap. Doncha' believe Joe? He didn't know nuddin'. He didn't see nuddin'. Yeah, dat big goofy ginger kid came tah dah house dat one day and talked to him, but he never said tah Joe specifically what he saw in that shower. I mean, who doesn't bother the CEO of a football team during the off-season just to, you know, tell him some generalities about an incident, rather than specifics.

Joe knew jack shit. He said that himself. And how can you not trust a guy with an ice cream called "Peachy Paterno?" To not trust Joe is to not trust America! Speaking of trust, please Slap, please trust the brand name of Penn State. It's a brand name that's been well-regarded over the years, just like General Motors, US Steel and Adelphia.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Cheering for General Motors is like cheering for the Yankees. Can't bring myself to do either ....

10. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Does he get to keep an office on campus and have full access to the facilities?

11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I didn't have to type this in blue for you, did I?

12. Turtle Wexler

Turtle Wexler Member

Something I haven't seen mentioned is that Curley, who <a href="http://www.centredaily.com/2011/11/06/2976058/profile.html">graduated from Penn State in 1976</a>, apparently played on the football team. Which means JoePa was his coach long before he was ever JoePa's boss.

Curley got his start with the athletic department when he was hired as a recruiting coordinator in 1978. Sandusky started Second Mile in 1977. So Curley would have also known Sandusky in a coaching capacity and would have been in a position roughly equivalent to a graduate assistant at that time. I don't know if that means anything, but there are interesting parallels.

Also, I couldn't find anything with a quick search, but is there any relation between Tim Curley and John Curley, for whom PSU's Center for Sports Journalism is named?

Draft saved Draft deleted