1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Penn State AD charged with perjury -- *UPDATE 2* Sandusky Arrested Again

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by linotype, Nov 5, 2011.

1. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

Re: Penn State AD charged with perjury in Sandusky investigation

I sympathize with him because he was probably new to the career and figured if he said anything he would never be a coach anywhere. From the grand jury presentment it sure sounded like it weighed heavily on him.

2. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Does anyone have the back story on Sandusky's retirement? Interesting that he retired at 55, a relatively young age. Ostensibly, to devote more time to his organization I believe, which could well be the truth, or a most convenient dodge.

It will be interesting to see if more victims do come forward. If there's anything that can tie this to his resignation and anything prior to 2002, this already horrendous story rockets to a completely new level.

This has a real Shawshank feel to it for me. It won't surprise me in the least if someone involved decides to try and eat a bullet.

3. MankyJimy

MankyJimy Active Member

So his career advancement was more important than intervening when a crime was being committed in the PSU showers?

4. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I would be absolutely shocked if Sandusky's retirement was not directly linked to his sick shit.

5. Re: Penn State AD charged with perjury in Sandusky investigation

I posted several pages earlier, questioning if any Penn State fan in attendance on Saturday would have the moral conviction to turn their back on Paterno, or simply hold a sign reading "SHAME" aloft.

But I'm also curious what will be the response of the Nebraska fans. Widely considered among the most polite and hospitable, will the folks wearing Red in the stands on Saturday express themselves on this subject? Or will they opt to limit their opinions only to on-field matters?

6. MankyJimy

MankyJimy Active Member

From what I've read he decided to step down when Paterno made it clear he wouldn't be his replacement at Penn State. Whether that was because Paterno knew about his 'hobbies' or because he planned to coach until he dropped dead, who knows.

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Since this is the court of public opinion and not a court of law with lives/$$ at stake, I place the chances of the retirement linked to this sh*t at oh 95%.

And if THAT'S TRUE, this situation gets even sicker because post '99 they still let him hang around and use the facilities. Digest that one.

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

As Paterno once said:

"Enjoy the spectacle, but don't look too close."

9. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

As a lifelong non-fan of the 'Huskers (come on, (in 80's) 11-0 and you play 3 away games? ridiculous), I'm hoping the 'Husckers put a 45-0 beat down to the Happy Valley fans.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

BREAKING: ESPN has Jeremy Schapp on the scene. This shit just got serious.

11. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

Well, I never said that, I said I sympathize him. None of know what we would do in that exact same situation. That includes you, Jesus.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Sandusky and Joe Pa will both be dead within a year. At least one will be of a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

Draft saved Draft deleted