1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Penn State AD charged with perjury -- *UPDATE 2* Sandusky Arrested Again

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by linotype, Nov 5, 2011.

1. TeamBud

TeamBud Member

Re: Penn State AD charged with perjury in Sandusky investigation

It all depends on what he was told. Reports have been that he didn't get details. If all he heard was that there was "something" going on and it "could've" been sexual, he did what he should've - given it to the people who investigate such matters. If he was told the details, unambiguously from a trusted source like McQueary, then I agree with everything said about Paterno.

I'm choosing to wait for the facts and not jump to the worst-possible conclusion. I think he's earned that. You, and others, do not. The GA was a witness - Paterno was not. All he knew is what he was told and we don't know what that is yet. He wasn't the one to investigate it, he gave it to the people that are supposed to investigate it. Previous investigations of Sandusky had been dropped, maybe Paterno thought this was another case that looked like something but wasn't.

Or maybe he is an evil man who didn't mind that someone closely associated with him was raping young men on his campus and he allowed it to continue for ten years. If that is the case, I'll come back on here and call him those names myself. I do not want to assume that until I know the facts.

2. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Nice job by Harrisburg. Except that Paterno needs to go now.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Sorry, but if you hear a grown man is showering with a young boy, that's a problem in and of itself.

There's no good reason for that to happen.

And, if you're Joe Paterno and you do hear this from your GA, you need to press him on exactly what he saw. Then you call 911.

4. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

This is where it starts and ends, for me. This is not complex decision-making.

5. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

RT @greggdoyelcbs Going to Joe Pa press conference. Was told not to ask non-football questions. I didn't come here to talk fullbacks

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

God bless him.

7. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Oh, this is going to be GOOD.

8. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

If this press conference is allowed to go on, add the Penn State Sports Information Department to the must-be-fired list.

9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

And remember, *his* story is that he did the barest of bare minimums. That's his defense. It's very possible that he did a lot worse. The bare minimum is the best case scenario for him at this point.

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I bet the presser gets cancelled, on attorney's orders.

BTW, scroll says mothership will air it live at 9:20 a.m. sensible time, 12:20 p.m. East Coast time.

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

If Paterno will answer questions about anything, even if it is boilerplate ongoing investigation answers, it is the right move.

Doyle, for example, will be at PSU today. If he does not get his story, or his column, from this press conference, he will start over turning stones around campus. That is what PSU does not want.

Feed the reporters a bone if they are hungry for a story. If you don't feed a hungry reporter something, he will become an angry reporter. You do not want angry reporters.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Jumping Jesus on a pogo stick and for the love of Christ, would you please re-read what I wrote. I was agreeing with 93D's earlier post that NOTHING at this point would surprise me while saying it was too much of a stretch to say Cope had an idea something like this was going on (which is what I got from 93D's post about Cope, and if I'm wrong about that I apologize to 93D). I know you like TYPING IN ALL CAPS AND GOING NUTS HERE but you're way fucking off here.

Draft saved Draft deleted