1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Penn State AD charged with perjury -- *UPDATE 2* Sandusky Arrested Again

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by linotype, Nov 5, 2011.

1. kickoff-time

kickoff-time Well-Known Member

Re: Penn State AD charged with perjury in Sandusky investigation

Wouldn't be a shock if the next news conference is to announce that Joe Paterno is retiring

2. podunk press

podunk press Active Member

You know, Penn State would be well served to have the football team captains read some sort of statement about this weekend's game and not have them take questions.

3. sportbook

sportbook Member

They had to cancel. There's no way they could have put him in front of the media. What surprises me is that the trustees haven't had a press conference. The silence of the trustees is deafening.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Talk about dumbing down the conversation.

I read a quote from Millen yesterday, something along the lines of, "with all Paterno has accomplished, you just believe this can't be true."

Hello. Paterno accomplished all he accomplished and it has nothing to do with Sandusky fucking boys in showers.

Dumbass.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Hell, Paterno has shut out the media because they were playing Iowa or Ohio State and didn't want the distraction. Did anyone ever really think this presser was going to happen?

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Millen, enough about Sandusky. Do you regret taking Charles Rodgers with the No. 2 pick?

7. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Funny that Millen, who has ripped Paterno off the record over the years repeatedly, is now defending him on ESPN. Hypocrite.

8. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

NYT says Penn State will end Paterno's tenure in a matter of days or weeks.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/09/sports/ncaafootball/penn-state-said-to-be-planning-paternos-exit.html?src=tp

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Can we start referring to the school as State Penn now?

10. kickoff-time

kickoff-time Well-Known Member

Seems better to have JoePa say no comment or I can't comment on that right now because of the ongoing legal investigation than to turn away 200 news people and let them start digging. Penn State is failing miserably at putting a positive spin on this.

This only makes it seem like they have more to hide or that something bigger is in the works - like Joe is gone.

Why is Spanier not addressing the media?

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I would not be surprised if the attornies employed by Pennsylvania State University told every single person associated with the school, from the trustees on down, that they will be the only people giving press conferences for the foreseeable future.

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Why can't he just say something like this?

"I should have notified the police. That I did not will haunt me for the rest of my days. If nothing else comes of this, I want to make sure that the next person who is in my situation will learn from my mistake and notify the police."

Why is that so difficult?

Draft saved Draft deleted